Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Break from fashion to furniture // My Room




Undoubtedly fashion and home design go hand in hand. Trends, colors, textures, placement all correlate with each of the subjects equally. I have an equal distribution of love for each categories equally. Since many have already seen what I wear, I think It'd be a good idea to see what my walls wear. Ready for an visually eclectic ride? Here goes:


A very handy widget on my wall is the white hanger holder (I guess) that I use all the time to plan the next days outfit. The actual hanger was D.I.Y. Then I have the blanket on my wall that I bought in Mexico.
I don't know why this is underlined. But basically that's my art wall. I'm planning on studying art history so I have to have a story for every single piece in my room & the walls need to never be bear.
This is my bedside retreat. It's still kind of cluttered but the way that it's all put together in little boxes and bags makes it practical for me and accessible.
This is how it looked like earlier today.


The computer serving table! Something super handy that folds up when I need to have access to my closet or if I just want it down. One of my favorite things in my room.

Wear I rest my head. Where to start? Well there is not starting point and there is no ending point. I could stare aimlessly at all the things that are on this wall. All memorable pieces. Busy, however laid out so it's not overwhelming. The next project is this: I'm going to make frames, cover them in fabric (probably like that sweater vest that has was hanging on the cat hanger), and place each of them into the windows. Reason is that I love the natural light the windows bring in, however with the Arizona sun it can be way too much sometimes and my room even heats up. So when they're done I'll be giving my house curb appeal and be stylishly giving my room some shade.

These are all my books I have in my room! It has many interesting things within it. Like my cactus, a little toy duck, paints, various art books, and who knows? It's an adventure in that white book case/ shelve thing. I also like to use the cushions for when I need to sit somewhere that's not soft? Way to state the obvious. And the shelf thing used to be black and I painted it white.
Finally this is the wall the contradicts everything in my room. Bland, cold, uninteresting. But I do have a few ideas up my sleeves, however I would always appreciate more! Seriously, I love hearing about how some one else would solve this solution.

AND there you have it. My style placed on the walls of my room, within the random nooks and crannies, and escape. It's a sacred place for me, only because it represents me so well and it's all mine. What does your room mean to you? How's it decorated? AND what do you think about my room?


No comments:

Post a Comment